I’ll be tabling at CTN again this year. T-45, write that down. I had a tremendous amount of good times last year and am excited for it again this year!
If you’ve never been, make it a point to come out. It’s a great show for these reasons:
1) Meet all your favorite artists in the animation industry
2) Show your portfolio and get tips to improve your work (and maybe even land a job!)
3) Books and prints. If you like art books and unique art for your walls like I do, this place is a gold mine.
I’ll have some prints, including a couple new ones you haven’t seen before. I’ll have copies of DRAWINGS and Antler Boy. I’ll even take a commission or two.
I’m teaming up with SVS again to do a special add-on to one of their classes. If you’ve ever wanted to know how I work you can get this recording if you sign up for the SVS Photoshop Power Day.
What’s the Photshop Power Day?
SVS has put together four amazing artists and for one day they are each going to share their techniques with YOU.
All the details are here.
How do SVS classes work?
You have two options:
- A live online class This is limited to 25 people and you get a post class one-on-one online critique session with one of the instructors.
- A recorded class A download of the class is available within 24 hours of the session.
On top of that you also get a download of a session with me showing you how I work in Photoshop!
Rooster Warrior, the majestic hamsticorn, and veggiepeeps.
Ok, I got it, the blog stays! And I’ll be better about updating it. But for now here’s yesterday’s Inktober drawing. Settling in to drawing today’s now.
*Tap *tap *tap, is this thing on? Do people still follow this blog? I’ve been so active on social media that I’ve all but abandoned the blog. Seems sad, but that’s evolution, right? Let me know if you think I should keep the blog up or give it an honorable death.
In other news INKtober starts TOMORROW!
Thirty-one days, thirty-one ink drawings.
Are you ready?!
1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).
2) Post it on tumblr (or Instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)
3) Hashtag it with #inktober
4) Repeat (you can do it daily, like me, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.)
DRAWINGS hit its half way point today and crossed the $40k mark, inching us closer to the $45,000 stretch goal. Yesterday we crossed the 1000 backer mark too! To celebrate, I’m adding two new tiers!
Flower Robot Print
Lots of people have requested the Flower Robot print and I want more people to have it, so I’m making a $35 tier that gets you the book and this exclusive print. This print won’t be available in my shop after the kickstarter is over. This is the only place you’ll be able to get it (that goes for the other prints in the print tiers too).
I’ve also had a few people ask about a two book tier so they can get a book for their friend. Or in the case of one person, a book for his kids to handle and one for him to keep nice If that’s you, the DOUBLE UP tier is now available. Oh yeah, and DOUBLE UP comes with the Flower Robot print too.
I was looking over the campaign and I realized I never posted big images of the prints. Sorry about that. Here they are. These will be printed on archival watercolor paper that has a really nice texture to it.
Just launched a Kickstarter for my new book: DRAWINGS! If you like my artwork, you’ll probably like this book. Tons of sketches and drawings all in full color. I’d keep going, but I explain everything much better in the Kickstarter.
Thanks, and please tell your friends about it. These things live and die by word of mouth.
The School of Visual Storytelling!
I’m doing an online class this summer with fellow instructor and good friend Will Terry. We created The School of Visual Storytelling to teach, empower, and inspire visual storytellers.
We’re combining our powers to bring the aspiring professional illustrator current and timeless information about how to give your work and career an edge.
Our first class is Illustration for Storytellers with plans to expand to other topics like comics and storyboarding.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/schoolofvisualstorytelling/